Leadership Germantown (LG) is seeking a part-time* Program Director to provide support for the achievement of the organization’s mission, goals, and objectives. Leadership Germantown is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that is dedicated to engaging individuals to become more informed and involved in the civic leadership of our community and state. Leadership Germantown is working to build a better community one leader at a time. We do this through a comprehensive educational and experiential program for members of the Germantown community.
The Program Director works under the supervision of the LG Chairperson with direction from the Board and is responsible for the administration, promotion, and daily activities of the program. The Program Director is responsible for the planning, design, and delivery of Leadership Germantown’s community leadership development and is accountable to the Board of Directors for the strategic direction of the Program. Leadership Germantown session dates run from January through June. Program days involve various activities, requiring excellent coordination, communication and organization skills. The Program Director must be available to attend all sessions and handle questions and concerns from participants and session leaders during this time.
• Managing all Leadership Germantown Program and session activities, including coordinating with the Class Selection Committee Chair throughout the application process, setting the program calendar, securing contractual services, arranging transportation, and obtaining necessary supplies and materials
• Ensuring that activities are planned appropriately and in a timely manner and that the content of each session meets the goals and objectives of the Program
• Assisting the Chairperson in organizing Board meetings, including agenda and meeting materials preparation
• Working with the Treasurer to gather data and prepare required government corporate filings to maintain appropriate fiscal control of Program budget and expenditures
• Maintaining organizational files and records and preparing reports as needed
• Compiling and analyzing statistical data of program outcomes and participant data to support the Board’s development and grant-writing initiatives
• Attending events within the community as the face of Leadership Germantown as time permits
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; a passionate communicator for Leadership Germantown and its mission
• Action-oriented, proactive, and flexible
• Knowledge of non-profit administration, including fund development and governing laws and regulations
• Ability to develop and maintain effective communication and relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to collaborate effectively with diverse groups of people
• Ability to work with minimal direction
• Ability to negotiate with vendors and representatives of various organizations
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
• Computer literacy skills including but not limited to: Knowledge of email marketing software, social media marketing (Twitter, Facebook, & Instagram), website design, and various platforms for communication, promotion, record-keeping and report compilation (Word, Excel, Google Drive)
• Ability to work remotely
*While this position is currently part-time, our goal is to be able to offer this position on a full-time basis dependent on the financial health of the organization. In the future, some fundraising responsibilities may be added to the Program Director position.
Please submit a cover letter with your qualifications and resume to:
Leadership Germantown Program Director Selection Committee at LeadershipGermantown@gmail.com
Applications will be accepted until Wednesday, October 24th at 5:00pm.